Thursday 5 April 2012

Note to self : work/life balance means just that!

It seems an age since I had any time off. I've been working like a demon. Long days and short nights. Weekends. 


It's the Easter break coming up and I have four days on the trot to fill in. I started to plan which projects I could fit into the days to maximum effect without the distraction of multitudinous emails and phone calls. Then I had a revelation: it's meant to be holiday time for a reason. 


And as this thought permeated through my brain, I felt a release. I gave myself permission to relax and take time out. 


I've always been a great advocate of effective time management balanced with periods of relaxation and rejuvenation, to other people including my clients. I know I should be practising what I preach and actually normally I do - but somewhere along the line, I've become so busy with deadlines and workloads there just hasn't been enough time for me.


So today I have made a decision. I am taking this afternoon off (I still need to close off those impending deadlines this morning) and starting my Easter break early. My clients, I'm sure, will appreciate they need me bright-eyed and bushy-tailed on Tuesday morning, ready to start all over again. A revelation indeed!


Now ... just what needs doing around the house over the weekend; what jobs shall I start first?!! Oh dear, here I go again!

No comments:

Post a Comment